The benefits of martial arts training are huge, diverse and wide ranging. The present focus on Muay Thai and Mixed Martial arts (MMA) has brought the mulch-disciplinary aspects of training in these systems to the attention of the athletic world.
However, all martial arts systems provide most of the benefits of the aforementioned fighting systems with necessarily having to train at the physical level of the elite fighters within those disciplines.
Some of the benefits that obtained with training are:
1) The hugely complex movements that are present in the execution of many of the martial arts techniques assists in the ability to move through many different angles and the performance of very movement rich methodologies.
2) There is very detailed attention to the bio-mechanical aspects underlying the fighting techniques used in the martial arts fighting disciplines; this factor assists in the development of efficient movement for many athletic pursuits.
3) The complexity and mulch-directionality of the fighting movements enhances the balance and positional awareness; an attribute that will enhance any athlete no matter what sport they participate in.
4) The movements trained in a fighting discipline enhance the balance and positional awareness; attributes that will enhance any athletic pursuit.
5) The many techniques and movements require a strong and flexible physical condition; essential requirements in all competitive athletes.
6) Developing the ability to breath more efficiently is an integral part of fighting arts training and an essential part of every elite athletes training if they are to perform at their optimum level.
7) One of the most valuable benefits of martial arts training is the emphasis on developing the “In the zone” mind-set that practitioners refer to as Chi or KI. A major focus in training is on reaching this ultimate state of mind producing a mental focus that allows you to perform at your highest level.
8) The conditioning aspects of martial arts are dependent on the system practiced and can utilize all of the energy systems, the creating phosphate explosive system, the anaerobic energy system and the aerobic conditioning system.
The level of conditioning and the modality mainly utilized is dependent on the discipline and the competitive level that practitioner wants to train at.
The stand-up striking systems of Karate, Kick-boxing, Muay Thai and boxing place a lot of focus on the creating phosphate system together with the aerobic systems for conditioning. Be sure and check out Midwest Training Center for training techniques and methodologies together with other fight game and self defense tactics that will help you develop your training knowledge and experience.
The wrestling and grappling systems of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, wrestling and Judo again utilize the creating phosphate system but tend to utilize this with the anaerobic energy system as well.
The discipline of MMA provides the most demanding expression of martial arts training available and provides the greatest overall benefits.
When we consider all of these attributes that martial arts training develops it is understandable why so many elite are discovering discovering the benefits of martial arts training as a useful cross-training supplement to their own athletic pursuits.